Injectables such as dermal fillers and BOTOX® Cosmetic revolutionized anti-aging cosmetic treatments. Unlike surgical options, they require virtually no downtime and—when performed by a skilled injector—produce results that look natural.
Despite their popularity, first-time patients often don’t fully understand the uses for fillers such as JUVÉDERM®. At our West Des Moines practice, we thoroughly explain your options and recommend certain fillers based on your concerns. We want our patients to be well-informed about their options when making decisions about cosmetic treatments.
Answers to Your Most Frequently Asked Questions About Dermal Fillers
1. What exactly are dermal fillers? The vast majority of fillers, including those in the JUVÉDERM product line, are formulated with a material called hyaluronic acid (sometimes called HA). The hyaluronic acid used in fillers is a synthetic form of a substance found naturally in the body that attracts and stores water. This makes it extremely effective for giving the skin a fuller, more youthful appearance.
2. Do fillers last forever? No, your body gradually absorbs the filler. Depending on the filler used, results can last from 6 months to 2 years. That means maintaining your results requires periodic treatments, so you should ask yourself if you want to come in for regular maintenance appointments.
3. Are “wish” photos helpful? Sometimes patients bring in pictures of celebrities whose looks they want to emulate. While photos can help communicate a patient’s aesthetic goals, our approach to dermal fillers is to enhance a patient’s natural features.
4. What happens if you’re not happy with the results? Fortunately, this is rarely the case. Patients who aren’t satisfied with their outcomes, however, can reverse the treatment if they get hyaluronic acid fillers. We inject an enzyme called hyaluronidase, which breaks down the acid. The body then naturally absorbs the filler.
5. Are there other treatment options? Fillers produce excellent results in most areas of the face, including nasolabial folds, under the eyes, around the mouth, and in hollowed-out cheeks. Crow’s feet and other fine lines around the eyes, however, are best treated with BOTOX injections. That’s because BOTOX works by temporarily immobilizing the muscles that create those wrinkles. You can learn more about whether fillers or BOTOX is better for your concerns by taking our quiz.
6. How much do dermal fillers cost? Our dermal filler treatments start at $385, and our most popular product is priced at $595 per syringe. The total cost of the procedure depends on the number of syringes required, which varies for each individual. Our experienced team assesses each patient individually to determine the perfect placement and the ideal amount of filler needed to achieve the desired effect. Please keep in mind that the prices mentioned are approximate and subject to change.
Request a Consultation
If you’re interested in speaking with one of our clinical aestheticians about the benefits of injectable treatments and dermal fillers such as JUVÉDERM, call our Des Moines, IA, office today at (515) 277-5555 or request a consultation. We’ll be happy to answer all your questions.
Check out our before-and-after gallery to see the results we’ve achieved for other patients with dermal fillers.