Ever since CoolSculpting arrived as the first effective, non-invasive fat reduction treatment, non-surgical body sculpting has become one of the most dynamic segments of the cosmetic field. People looking to “freeze fat away” at our Des Moines practice often ask about CoolSculpting alternatives and whether they’re as effective.
We actively research new treatments to ensure we offer our patients the best available options. We remain confident that CoolSculpting Elite—which represents a significant advance over the original CoolSculpting procedure—is the best body sculpting treatment out there.
In this blog post, we’ll explore CoolSculpting and look at the other nonsurgical fat reduction treatments and explain how they work.
What Is CoolSculpting Elite?
Before looking at other treatments, I think it’s important to provide a brief overview of CoolSculpting Elite. CoolSculpting’s original “fat freezing” process, called cryolipolysis, remains the same. This process uses cold temperatures to break down fat cells. Fat cells are particularly susceptible to the effects of cold, unlike other types of cells. Although the fat cells freeze during a CoolSculpting treatment, the skin and other structures are spared injury.
CoolSculpting’s unmatched track record for safely and effectively reducing fat also sets it apart from treatments developed more recently.
With CoolSculpting Elite’s redesigned applicators, we can treat 2 areas at the same time, reducing treatment time. CoolSculpting is also the only non-surgical fat reduction procedure cleared by the FDA for treating 9 distinct areas of the body, including fat under the chin.
What Are Other Body Sculpting Treatments?
Here’s a glimpse at 5 other technologies used for body contouring without surgery:
- Focused electromagnetic energy: This technology triggers involuntary muscle contractions to build muscle tone, which is really the primary purpose of the treatment. Radiofrequency energy delivered during the procedure burns abdominal fat.
- Diode-laser energy: The heat produced by the laser energy targets fat cells in the belly, flanks, back, thighs, and under the chin. Devices using diode-laser energy tend to be less popular, according to users on RealSelf, who have given the procedure only a 57% “worth it” rating.
- Ultrasound energy: Ultrasonic energy are designed to break up the walls of fat cells in the abdomen, hips, and thighs. As with other nonsurgical body contouring procedures, the body naturally removes the destroyed fat cells over time.
- Monopolar radiofrequency energy: Devices that use monopolar RF energy heat fat cells throughout the entire fat layer, from just below the skin down to the muscle. These devices treat the abdomen, love handles, thighs, under the chin, and the upper arms.
- Invasive radiofrequency: A minimally invasive procedure that delivers radiofrequency energy both above and below the skin using small probes. Because its invasive, this technology requires some downtime to heal.
As you can see, CoolSculpting Elite is unique in that it is the only nonsurgical body contouring procedure that controlled cooling to destroy fat cells. It is also the only procedure that focuses solely on destroying fat, rather than combining skin tightening or muscle-toning features.
The expertise of our CoolSculpting providers is second-to-none throughout Iowa, and they are ready to help you get rid of those nagging areas of fat that exercise and diet can’t remove. Call us at (515) 277-5555 or use our online contact form to request a consultation.
Leave a Reply