The treatment itself is simple enough, but the ins and outs of CoolSculpting® can be a little confusing. Our Des Moines aestheticians are here to help! Here are the 5 questions that almost inevitably come up during a consultation, along with some commentary on why we think this treatment is so effective.
- “How does CoolSculpting work?”
- CoolSculpting works by freezing and eliminating targeted fat cells on the belly, under the chin, around your thighs, or on other trouble areas. The procedure delivers precisely controlled cooling to gently target fat cells underneath the skin. This triggers cell death.
- “Where does the fat go?”
- In the weeks following your procedure, fat cells will freeze, crystallize, and die. They will then be removed through the body’s natural metabolism, leaving a more sculpted you! CoolSculpting results last because the treated fat cells are gone for good.
- “Is CoolSculpting a weight loss treatment?”
- No. CoolSculpting is not a weight loss treatment; it is a fat reduction treatment. That might be a confusing distinction, but it helps to think about what happens to the fat cells. After weight loss, fat cells shrink, but don’t go away altogether. CoolSculpting reduces the total number of fat cells by inducing cell death. To learn more about the difference between CoolSculpting and weight loss, read our previous blog post.
- “When will I see results?”
- You may start seeing changes in as little as 3 weeks and will continue to see improvements for 2 to 4 months. These before-and-after photos show what CoolSculpting results look like several weeks after treatment.
- “How many treatments will I need?”
- The number of treatments needed depends on the area of the body being treated and your goals, but most patients see a noticeable difference after 1 or 2 treatments. We will give you a definitive number during your consultation, once we have a good sense for the results you’d like to see.
CoolSculpting has become a patient favorite for its ease and effectiveness in getting rid of those stubborn bulges for good. If you are looking to achieve a natural and sleek appearance without surgery, request a consultation online or call our office at (515) 277-5555.
Does it help tighten the skin at the treated site as well after Coolsculpting?